Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!



I think it is safe to say that 2009 has been the most awesome year to date, and these last three and a half weeks, while rather insane, have been the icing on the cake. I can't believe my sweet little Lucy is going to be a month old on Tuesday! She is growing and changing so much every day, and I am so excited to see what she does next!Lucy had a great first Christmas! We started off the celebration on Wednesday (the 23rd) by att
ending Lucy's first party! We went over to
Katie's sister's house for their annual ornament party. The Doyle/Darst/Lea/Taylor clan were so excited to meet Lucy and she had a blast (I assume... I had fun so she must have!). She was awake for the first half hour we were there and loved being held by everyone, and then she
slept and cuddled the rest of the time we were there. I even got to eat while someone else held her!

Lucy with Aunt Katie, Uncle Jamie, and Erin

On Christmas Eve, Lucy made a quick last minute trip to Target and to the pet store. She was not a big fan of waiting in the car while Daddy ran in to get doggy food, but she pulled it back together in time to go to Target! We spent the afternoon baking cookies and wrapping presents, and then all of her company started coming in the early evening. I think Lucy loved having her grandparents and great-grandparents around because it meant she never had to be put down... and Lucy loves to be held! Papa Jeff tried to talk me into leaving Lucy to go pick up the take-out Chinese food, but no go. I don't know how I will ever leave her!

Christmas Day was so much fun - just knowing that it was Lucy's first Christmas and thinking about all of the fun Christmases to come. Santa brought Lucy some toys and books, and of course Nana and Papa Jeff spoiled her too. Grandma brought her some cute hand-made clothes. Torrie (Great-grandma) made Lucy a gorgeous blanket. I think the little bit got spoiled (so did I, but this isn't about me!). Lucy actually handled Christmas Day better than Christmas Eve (she wasn't cluster feeding, which was nice for me!) and it was fun to meet Uncle Marc and Aunt Rita too. :)

The day after Christmas we went to the mall (crazy!) and Lucy had a complete and total melt-down. It was so sad, too, because the previous times we've had Lucy out and about she has seemed to love it. I think the holidays were a little bit over-stimulating! I found a nice place to nurse her though (who knew that Nordstrom had a nursing lounge?!) and that calmed her down. Lucy also had her first dinner out at a restaurant that night and she did great at Bocci! I, of course, almost had a melt-down when she started screaming right after getting there, but she calmed right down after I held her and I was able to put her back in the carseat by the time the food came. Go Lucy! Go Mommy! :)

Lucy had a great holiday and is so lucky to have so many people in her life who love her. We've spent this week resting up (she still isn't a huge fan of sleeping at night!) and getting ready for Nana's birthday party tomorrow night. Lucy is excited to meet the Smiths and the Stoudts at the party, and to see her grandparents, great-grandparents, and aunts and uncles again!

Three other quick firsts:
This week (Tuesday), Mommy, took Lucy to Target on a solo trip! This is a huge deal because I have been so nervous to take her out by myself, but we both did great! I bought her a present :)
Wednesday night, Lucy had her first trip to Moe's and she did great there as well! I think the weekly trips to Moe's can continue!
Lastly, Lucy had her first bottle this week! Andrew gave her a bottle and she did a pretty good job! She doesn't love it, but she'll get used to it. We are going to keep trying to give her one bottle a day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment