Saturday, December 12, 2009

She's Here!

And she's absolutely wonderful! Perfect. Amazing. Breath-taking. Awe-inspiring. Needless to say, we love Lucy Katherine more than anything in the world. I can't believe that we created this tiny, perfect little person and that she is part of both of us. Holy cow.

On Friday, December 4th (my last day of work, interestingly enough) I went to my OB for an NST because Lucy (although at that point she was still unnamed!) had been very quiet and I am a paranoid freak. They hooked me up to the monitors and we heard her little heart beat and they were able to catch a few moves. She was obviously running out of room! I got home about 5:30 and did not feel well at all so I took a quick nap before dinner. Andrew and I got in the car to go to Moe's about 6:30 and by the time we got there every part of my body hurt and I was majorly uncomfortable. I didn't know this was labor! I left the line and told Andrew to just get food to go and we got home around 7. I still felt bad so I got in bed and tried to just go to sleep. I woke up every 45 minutes but still had no idea what was going on. At midnight, I finally just got out of bed and went downstairs to watch TV. Andrew came with me and we still had no idea why I felt so terrible (haha seems funny now!). Around 2:30, we decided to try to get to bed. He fell asleep right away and I sat up in bed wondering what the heck was wrong with me. At 3 am, I heard a pop and felt a gush... and the rest is history. My water broke, I labored at home until about 7 am, and then we went to the hospital! I got an epidural when I was about 8 cm (I wanted it sooner, but that is a whole different story!), let the baby descend on her own for awhile while visiting with friends, and then pushed her out! So amazing (and that was the g-rated version people... let me know if you want more details!).

Lucy is doing wonderfully. She is a champion eater now (good thing, since she is such a little peanut). She was born at 5 lbs 14 ounces, weighed 5 lbs 7 ounces at 4 days old, and was up to 5 lbs 11 ounces by 6 days old. She is a little confused about days and nights and does NOT like to sleep lying down, but putting her in her WONDERFUL swing the past two nights has helped us all to catch a few consecutive hours of shut-eye. Andrew is absolutely amazing with her and does a great job of calming all of my crazy irrational worries. Oh yeah, and her umbilical cord stump fell off yesterday at 6 days old!

Now... check out these beautiful pictures of the love of my life!

Just Born!
Peaceful sleeper :)


No comments:

Post a Comment